THE SOCIAL IMPROV PROGRAM
What is Social Improv ™ ?
Social Improv™ is a program that uses specially designed improvisation and drama exercises to develop Social Fluency in teens and adults. Social Improv™ strengthens these core areas of Social Fluency:
• self awareness
• building on/adding to a partner’s suggestion
• extending conversations
• predicting what might happen next, and
• telling stories
We offer winter, spring and fall sessions in York Region, with March Break and summer sessions coming in
• Sessions are eight weeks long
• Classes are once a week for 90 minutes
• Class sizes are capped at eight Players
• We have at least three volunteer Peer Mentors/ Coaches in each class
• Mentor/Coaches are trained in Social Improv™, to give players supportive feedback and encouragement.
• Fee: $450.00
Players who have done Social Improv™ report:
• Being more confident with themselves and their peers
• Having more social hangouts with friends
• Reduced anxiety
• Feeling more prepared for post-secondary life, education or work
Please see our testimonials – we can also supply contact information for program alumni and their families who are willing to share their experiences.