Become a Peer/Player Mentor
Are you interested in Psychology, Drama or related fields?
Why not consider volunteering as a Peer/Player Mentor for our one of our courses?
You may be a student looking for hands-on experience to round out a degree or course. You may have someone in your life with a social cognitive disorder you want to communicate with more effectively. Or you may be seeking a fulfilling volunteer opportunity.
As a Mentor, you have a good grasp of your own communication style. For teen groups, you are between the ages of 17 and 30. For adult groups your age is not important. You are energized by the idea of working with people who “think outside the box”. You are open to new experiences and able to accommodate the unexpected. Above all your patience and sense of humour will ensure your success as a Peer Mentor.
What’s Expected of You as a Volunteer Mentor:
• Available for a group meet and greet, one training session and all social improv sessions—10 sessions in total. Consistent attendance is key for participant success. Total commitment 3 hours per week.
• Sign confidentiality agreement
• Submit up to date vulnerable sector police check
What You Can Expect to Receive as a Volunteer Mentor:
• Hands-on training in Social Improv™ • Certificate of Training
• Opportunity to train to become a Social Improv™ Coach
• Community Hours (if you are looking to fulfill a school requirement)
• Feedback on your mentoring skills
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!